Our chefs are passionate about using only the best available local ingredients and our menus change to reflect this. We offer fresh high quality food, to cater for every taste and budget. Locally sourced where possible, here are examples of the delicious dishes we ordinarily offer.
- Soup, Crusty Bloomer £5.50 (V) (GFA)
- Baked Camembert, Chilli Jam, Crusty Bloomer (to share) £9.50 (V) (GFA)
- Salmon & Prawn Thai Fish Cake, Sour Cream, House Salad £7.00
- Crispy Pork Cheek, Beetroot Relish, Apple Crisp £6.50
- Breads, Olives, Balsamic £4.50 (V)
A selection of dishes that may be on offer when you visit.
- Steak & Mushroom Pie, Market Vegetables, Creamed Potato / Hand-Cut Chips £13.50
- Crown’s Chicken Curry, Rice, Naan £12.50 (GFA)
- Beer Battered Haddock, Mushy Peas, Homemade Tartar Sauce, Hand-Cut Chips £12.00
- Cumbrian Steak Burger, Brioche Bun,Topped with Stilton or Cheddar, Spiced Tomato Relish, Hand-Cut Chips £12.50
- Cumbrian Lamb Shank, Red Wine Sauce, Market Vegetables, Creamed Potato £15.50 (GFA)
- Red Onion & Coriander Falafel, Sour Cream, House Salad £11.50 (V)(Vegan)
- Baked Sea Trout, Pickled Fennel Salad, New Potatoes £14.50 (GF)
- Asparagus & Mascarpone Tortellini, Chardonnay Sauce, Wild Garlic Oil £11.50 (V)
- Trio of Sausage (Venison, Cumberland, Black Pudding), Spring Onion Mash, Market Veg & Gravy £12.50
And for afters……….
- Chocolate Tart, White Chocolate Shavings, Honeycomb £6.50
- Sticky Toffee Pudding, Vanilla Bean I/C £6.00
- Lemon Posset, Raspberry Cream, Shortbread Biscuit £6.50 (GFA)
- Crumble of the Moment, Vanilla I/C £6.00
- Cumbrian Cheese & Biscuits £8.00 (GFA)
- Ice Creams / Sorbet £1.00 per Scoop (GFA)
GFA – Gluten Free Available, GF – Gluten Free, V – Vegetarian